Lyndigo Spice® Comforting Meatloaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- 1 pound ground beef (90/10mix)
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 pound Italian pork sausages (cases removed)
- 4 slices whole grain bread (remove crust)
- 1 1/2 cups baby bella mushrooms chopped fine
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 cup 2% milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sea salt (smoked if you have some on hand)
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jar of Lyndigo Spice® Savory Red Pepper Relish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Tear apart bread and put in bowl with milk. Set aside while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions, mushrooms and carrots and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent but not browned. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the beef, veal, pork, parsley, thyme, chives, eggs, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Lightly squeeze milk out of bread and add bread to mixture. Mix slightly.
- Add the onion mixture, cheese and reserved milk.
- With clean hands, gently toss the mixture together, making sure it's combined but not compacted.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a sheet pan.
- Form into a loaf shape (rectangular with flat sides).
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Spread entire jar of Lyndigo Spice® Savory Red Pepper Relish on top of loaf.
- Cook for another 45 minutes, until a thermometer inserted in the middle reads 155 degrees F to 160 degrees F.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Slice and serve hot.
*Even better cold the next day on a sandwich with more Lyndigo Spice® Red Pepper Relish.