Lyndigo Spice® Spiced Up Chili
- 2 pounds ground grass fed beef (85/15)
- 1(15oz) can organic black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1(15oz) can organic dark red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 2(28oz) cans diced fire roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1(6oz) can organic tomato paste
- 14oz can fire roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 large jalapeno peppers, diced with seeds and piths
- 32oz organic beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 tablespoons Lyndigo Spice® Original Spice Rub
- 1 tablespoon ground espresso coffee
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt (smoked if you have some on hand)
- 1 jar Lyndigo Spice® Smokey Peach & Cherry Chutney
- Heat a large heavy bottom pot or Dutch oven over medium/high heat. Add ground beef and sear to medium. Turn heat down to medium.
- Add onion, red pepper, garlic and cook for about three minutes. Add 1 tablespoon of Lyndigo Spice® Original Spice Rub, 1/4 cup chili powder, ground cumin, espresso coffee and mix well.
- Add diced tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, crushed tomatoes and beef broth. Mix well and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- After 1 hour, add beans, half of the diced jalapenos, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Mix well and simmer uncovered for one more hour, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust to your liking by adding sea salt (if needed), remaining 3 tablespoons of Lyndigo Spice® Original Spice Rub and remaining 2 tablespoons of chili powder. Simmer uncovered to desired thickness.
- When done take off heat add remaining jalapenos and entire jar of Lyndigo Spice® Smokey Peach and Cherry Chutney and mix well. Serve or refrigerate for serving the next day.
- Serving suggestions: in a bowl with scallion garnish, shredded cheese, tortilla chips or sour cream, put on top of baked potato.