Lyndigo Spice® Fried Chicken
- 1 whole Chicken cut up and cleaned (or use whatever pieces you like) Wings fry up the best.
- 6 eggs beaten in large bowl
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 tbsp Lyndigo Spice® Original Spice Rub
- 4 cups All Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup garlic powder
- ¼ cup onion powder
- ¼ cup (or less) sea salt
- ¼ cup cayenne or black pepper
- 1 gallon vegetable oil
- Large Ziploc bag
- Large pot with lid
- In large bowl whisk egg milk and Spice rub together.
- Add chicken to egg mixture.
- Mix well and let sit for about a half hour.
- In large bag mix flour, garlic & onion powders, salt & pepper.
- Pour enough oil in pot to fill halfway. No more than that.
- Cover and heat on med/high heat to about 350 degrees. Oil should not be smoking.
- Put egg coated (shake off excess egg batter) pieces of chicken in bag and shake until well coated.
- Add chicken to hot oil. Do not crowd pot.
- Cover pot and let cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over, cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Take cover off and cook for about another 5 minutes or until chicken starts to float.
- Drain chicken on paper towels.
- Sprinkle more Lyndigo Spice® Original Spice Rub on hot chicken or serve with one of Lyndigo Spices® Chutneys, Relishes or even the Fruit Spreads!
- Sift all the excess egg batter crumbs out flour bag.
- Place sifted flour in clean plastic bag and place in fridge. This will be your base seasoned flour for next batch.