LYNDIGO SPICE® OATMEAL BAR
- 1 stick salted butter, cut into pieces, plus more for greasing pans
- 6 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats (Not instant/quick cooking)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 jars Lyndigo Spice® Gingery Blueberry Fruit Spread OR
2 Jars Lyndigo Spice® Plum Fruit Spread
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 9x13 inch OR two 8x8 inch baking dishes with butter.
- Mix together the butter, coconut oil, flours, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Press half the oat mixture into prepared 9x13 pan OR press a quarter of mixture in each 8x8 pan.
- Spread 2 jars of preferred Lyndigo Spice® Fruit Spread in 9x13 OR 1 jar each in 8x8 pans.
- Sprinkle remaining oatmeal mixture on top of fruit spread and pat lightly.
- Bake until golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares.
I make mine in 8x8 pans, one Gingery Blueberry and one Plum. I always pop one in the freezer for later. Enjoy with cold milk or crumble on top of ice cream or yogurt!